The Mental Health Support Project offers many programs at The LINK - our activity and drop-in centre. Our drop-in and programs are free of charge. Some special events have a nominal activity fee ($2.00-$4.00).
We encourage members to make suggestions about new programs we could offer.
Please check our monthly calendar or call ahead for more information. Referrals are not required to attend any of our programs and adults of all ages are welcome.
For field trips, we require people to sign-up in advance and we only take individuals known to us. If you are interested in joining us, please give us call or drop in ahead of the event date.
Our regular programming includes:
- Weekly peer support groups
- Learn to knit
- Learn to place cards
- Wellness & Recovery workshops, activities and training (i.e. WRAP - Wellness Recovery Action Plan)
- One-to-one peer support
- Photography classes
- Connections to community resources
- Services and Supports
- Writing Poetry
- Public education presentations
- Advocacy on Mental Health matters
- Social and Recreational activities including games, live music, movies, special events, on-stage, BBQ’s, games
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Drumming and Music Circles
- Art Classes
- Skills Training in healthy living, communication, cooking, wellness
- Expressions for Women Arts program